From my posts on the Meetup event:
It’s almost the first Thursday of the month again. We’re always interested in having members present Ruby-related topics to the group, so if you’ve been playing with anything cool, please consider presenting! We’re pretty informal, so anything you present doesn’t have to be a “polished” keynote-style presentation; it can be as simple as plugging in your laptop and showing some code you’ve been working on.
If anyone would like to present something, please leave a comment [on the Meetup event].
And also, my customary monthly Ruby news roundup:
Some Ruby news from the last month:
- Ruby 2.1.4 released, along with patchlevel-releases for 2.0.0 and 1.9.3 containing security fixes
- OSX 10.10 has shipped, with Ruby 2.0.0 as the default (Ruby 1.8.7 was completely removed)
- Rails 3.2.20, 4.0.11, 4.1.7 released (security fixes) on Oct 30th
- Last Rails 4.2.0 beta released, release candidates coming soon.
- Ruboto 1.2.0 released, with support for ART on Android Lollipop (5.0)
- Raptor – new Ruby web server – coming out this month. Supposed to be high performance.