Another in my series of random electronics I’ve repaired around the house: we have a Sanyo DS20930 TV and a universal remote (a Philips SRU2103/27 to be exact). The code we were using seemed to work for almost everything, except for captions and a couple other odd functions. After scouring a couple of manuals, menus, etc. I decided to try more codes and ended up using code 0612.

Now all the buttons work, even though 90% of them did before. We were just using subtitles on DVDs, etc. but a couple things we watch only have closed captioning. Just a note to other people in the same type of situation.